BLAFemme – Branding for Black Healing
Branding and graphic design informed by social justice for the BLAFemme. Blafemme is a physical & virtual den that facilitates healing using Black feminist theory and practices.
We conducted brand discovery meetings, designed their logo, created a logo system, provided brand guidelines, and created printed materials for in-person events.
Social Justice Lens:
- Our branding strategy focused on racial and social justice, particularly to Black and queer communities. Our critical thinking approach challenged norms and created stories, designs, exercises and solutions that were empowering to both the client and their target audiences.
- Our commitment to and investment in Black communities allows for our designs to authentically represent our client while pushing societal norms by choosing elements that are not traditionally portrayed.
Services ProvidedArt Direction, Brand Guidelines, Branding, Graphic Design, Illustration, Layout, Logo Design, Merchandise, Print, Product
- The BLAFemme logo needs to be both feminine and gender expansive.
- Ability to capture Black elements that speak to the brand.
- Bold, unapologetic.
- We focused on a design and branding for Blafemme that expressed boldness in femininity in a non stereotypical way combined with Black excellence and magic.
We created a t-shirt design for BLAFemme’s first in-person event.