Rebrand, branding and graphic design for Horizons Foundation, LGBTQ non-profit. We rebranded their logo, created brand guidelines, identified and created a sublogo system, developed stationary items, created ads, and designed donors-targeted materials.
- Our brand strategy focused on racial justice and ensured that the people they served were adequately represented in their materials and brand guidelines.
Services ProvidedArt Direction, Brand Guidelines, Branding, Graphic Design, Illustration, Layout, Logo Design, Marketing Collateral, Merchandise, Print, Social Media
- The original logo didn’t create the necessary connection the brand was looking to have with its target audience.
- The name Horizons Foundation does little to explain the foundation’s work.
- Horizons’ rebrand is the embodiment of what makes the foundation unique: that they will be there to serve the LGBTQ community forever.
- We also made it necessary, when representing the foundation’s brand, to include a brand line: our LGBTQ foundation. Moreover, Horizons alone is easier to represent visually and to remember, facilitating closer connections to the foundation’s brand.
The Dream Creative helped our nonprofit foundation with a major brand refresh project, ultimately developing an extremely compelling concept that conveyed our work in a beautifully simple yet profound way. Their creative skills are second to none. I highly recommend working with them on your branding and design needs!
We created business cards, letterheads, and a vast array of mailing envelopes for donation purposes.
In order to create a sublogo structure that speaks to the main logo, first we identified 4 difference donor audiences and designed the matrix from there.
The client asked for a color distinction between them based on the rainbow colors.
Circles are considered an ultra-recognizable and safe shape, one that signifies stability, wholeness and alludes to financial wealth.
Emblems are considered to evoke timeless, long-lasting, security and a sense of higher level.
In contrast to geometric shapes, organic shapes are considered to be free-flowing, more friendly and open.
A slanted square symbolizes moving forward and action.