TRANSFORMING 911 BRANDING
Branding, graphic and web design done through a social justice for Transforming 911 . #Transforming911 is a community accountability and advocacy tool that examines St. Louis’ 911 system and serves as a call to reimagine public safety.
We conducted brand discovery meetings to identify goals, dreams and come up with a strategic release of materials. We created a logo system, provided brand guidelines, illustrated a comic, illustrated several assets for motion design and static, designed the website, and designed the report.
Social Justice Lens:
- Our branding strategy’s foundation focused on honoring and strengthening the stories of real people by approaching strategy with critical thinking and sensitivity.
- We created assets that feel authentic to the impacted communities and that can be used to further the campaign in various channels.
Services ProvidedArt Direction, Brand Guidelines, Branding, Graphic Design, Logo Design, Print, Website
- Design a logo that has a historical and legitimate feel.
- Simple and effective.
- Colors that will support the previous asks.
- By applying our branding expertise + our social justice lens we were able to come up with a logo that feels historical by using a typeface that was inspired by Martin Luther King and protest signs at the time.
- Although the logo is simple, we played with the fonts by slightly expanding each letter to evoke transformation, while “911” is boxed and alludes to authoritative forms.
- We used yellow for transformation to allude to lightness, whereas 911’s orange evoke sirens.
We designed a comics that outlined what happens when you call 911 in St. Louis. We chose a noir style to emphasize the topic and create drama with harsh shadows. We ensured representation was on point and that illustrations weren’t triggering.
Illustrations for animations
We created a series of illustrations to be used in an animated short outlining why we’re #Transforming911.
We created a responsive website that could easily be updated by the members of Transforming 911. The site was thought out as a story rather than individual pages and photos and illustrations were carefully selected to further the organization’s mission and values.
We created a beautifully illustrated and designed 80-page report relating the unique and one-of-a-kind data on policing in St. Louis. This data is groundbreaking in the field so we made sure the design uplifted its importance and made it easier to communicate its points.